All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: Pool Party... of Two
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:16 am 
US Marines

"I have a terrible work ethic, smoke cigars, my pool area may be heated but the pool itself is not." It was the best he could do. He worked too hard, liked the occasional fine smoke, and his water was just a tad cooler than the air within its enclosure. What a wretched existence, right? Taft finished his plate, set his fork down, stood, and pulled her chair out so she could stand. And just about the moment she did he swept her into his arms, holding her close as he looked down into her eyes. "I'm also a very tactile man." His hands were in safe but very familiar places, caressing a hip and her lower back.

"Lets get these dishes done and get ensconced on the couch."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:51 am 
US Air Force

Fia gave an involuntary 'eep' at the unexpected embrace. That was the only sign that she might not be perfectly happy where she ended up, because she was. She leaned into him, enjoying his touch. The warmth from the wine flickered into a small fire in her, only needing him close to ignite. Her hands slid up his chest to wrap around the back of his neck, fiddling with what little hair was there. The dishes were going to wait for a little. I've very recently come to realize I am as well. What are we going to do about that?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:18 am 
US Marines

"Nothing, except maybe skip the dishes and just go ensconce. Let the ensconcing begin. Lots of warm, snuggly, ensconcement.... no, that last one isn't a word." Taft shook his head before giving her a questioning look, tilting his head toward the couch suggestively. "Watch a movie, enjoy our newly realized shared appreciation for touching, maybe cover up with a big fuzzy blanket. Respecting boundaries, of course."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:34 am 
US Air Force

Seems the dishes were going to wait a long while. Nana would be horrified, but then Fia figured Nana would be slightly disapproving of this whole evening. Only slightly though, Tito on the other hand would be handing her the blanket before turning off the light on his way out. Her own personal shoulder angel and devil. The thought made Fia smile. I don't think I have ever been ensconced before.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:47 am 
US Marines

Taft stared for a long moment, a lot of laughter and smiling being very carefully held in check as he worked to not react to such an easy shot. She'd never been ensconced... "You affirmed that earlier, come on." He man moved toward the living room, holding her by the hand as he went and snagging a big fuzzy brown micro fleece blanket off the back of the couch. He unhanded her and turned, flopping down in the corner of the couch's L turn and patting the spot between his knees. "Have a seat, sweetness. I'll... ensconce you." He suppressed his mirth one more time. He'd have loved to give her a proper 'ensconcing' but they'd already drawn that line.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:26 am 
US Air Force

She had done it again. She hadn't even realized it until Taft gave her that look, the one where he was considering what not to say. Some day Fia would either learn to watch what she said, or it would become a moot point, but today was not that day. Red-faced and chuckling, she let herself be lead over to the couch.

Taft threw himself down in what seemed to be a favorite spot, his long legs down one side of the sectional. She had just started to move to sit beside him , when he patted the couch between his knees. He really did intend for them to get tangled up on the couch. Now it was her turn to consider. She looked at him: taking in the easy manner, the laughing eyes, the knowing smile, and decided to trust him.

Lifting up the sundress skirt far enough so it wouldn't get caught, Fia kneeled on the couch cushion. She inched her way forward, using her back of the couch to steady her. Then she stopped. Fia truly had no idea what limbs went where... While she had certainly seen enough reference, her practical experience was nil, and she didn't want to accidentally elbow him somewhere unpleasant.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:52 am 
US Marines

Taft took her hand, reassuringly, and began to guide her into place. Her butt between his thighs, her back to his stomach, and the blanket carefully laid across them before he encircled her with his arms. Hands over the blanket, or at least his hands, so there wasn't even the suggestion of funny business that she hadn't invited. He then leaned a bit, grabbed the remote from where he'd left it, and set his movie to begin from the beginning. The Sons of Katie Elder started up, one of his favorites (that was not a small list when it came to John Wayne). "Do you like John Wayne?" Or should we break up now? "I'm a big fan."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:25 am 
US Air Force

Once they were all aligned, she found herself quite comfortable. Her head rested just about his collar bone as she leaned back against him. This was far less suggestive than she had been expecting, yet still intimate. Fia was growing to enjoy the closeness between them. Catching one of his hands in hers, she laced their fingers to gather and rested them on her lap. I'm afraid my old movie education is severely lacking. I know I have seen some of his movies, but I couldn't name them.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:14 pm 
US Marines

"Well, the first trick is to not call them 'old movies'. They're classics. And when it comes to John Wayne, I've got them all so education is probably a good term to apply to movie night at the Taft household. This is probably one of the very few things me and dad ever agreed on." His mom had practically considered movie night a cease fire, though it wasn't like there were ever shots fired or fists thrown. Both of the Taft men were more self-possessed than that. Taft set the remote aside and snugged her tighter. "This is The Sons of Katie Elder. This film is one of a handful of times that he worked with Dean Martin."

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:34 am 
US Air Force

I suppose somethings could be considered classic without actually being old. Fia teased, stretching her neck up enough to plant a kiss on his chin before settling back in. One arm rested on her stomach, the hand all tangled up with Taft's, and the other was draped down one of his legs much like it was a chair arm. With the exception that every now and them her thumb would distractedly make little circles on the inside of his knee through the blanket.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next